Main Article Content
This paper examines the relation between the two, may be the most pressing, phenomena of the world economy: competitiveness and development. Of course both can be interpreted in several ways, but the most operative way is to consider competitivenes by the methodology of the World Economic Forum's Global Competitiveness Index, and the development by the gross of domestic product per population. The intent is to determine what is the conection between these two indicators in general, and to pass the question in such a way, and to establish a methodology for further analysis of individual groups of countries considered in the report of the World Economic Forum's Global Competitiveness in the world. Therefore, we use correlation analysis between the observed indicators for the economy after 2005, since the above-mentioned study and implement competitiveness, with an accent on the last mid-term because of current events. The answer to the question: what is the relationship between these indicators in the timeline for all countries concerned is excpected. It is also important for the countries of the former Yugoslavia as a guide in the efforts to retrieve the position in the world economy.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Once the manuscript is accepted for publication, authors shall transfer the copyright to the publisher. If the submitted manuscript is not accepted for printing by the journal, the authors shall retain all their rights. The following rights on the manuscript are transferred to the publisher, including any supplementary materials and any parts, extracts or elements of the manuscript:
- the right to reproduce and distribute the manuscript in printed form, including print-on-demand;
- the right to print prepublications, reprints and special editions of the manuscript;
- the right to translate the manuscript into other languages;
- the right to reproduce the manuscript using photomechanical or similar means including, but not limited to photocopy, and the right to distribute these copies;
- the right to reproduce and distribute the manuscript electronically or optically using and all data carriers or storage media, and especially in machine readable/digitalized form on data carriers such as hard drive, CD-ROM, DVD, Blu-ray Disc (BD), Mini Disc, data tapes, and the right to reproduce and distribute the article via these data carriers;
- the right to store the manuscript in databases, including online databases, as well as the right to transmit the manuscript in all technical systems and modes;
- the right to make the manuscript available to the public or to closed user groups on individual demand, for use on monitors or other readers (including e-books), and in printable form for the user, either via the Internet, online service, or via internal or external networks.
Authors reserve the copyright to published articles and have the right to use the article in the same manner like third parties in accordance with the licence Attribution-Non-Commercial-Non-Derivate 4.0 International (CC BY). Thereby they must quote the basic bibliographic data of the source article published in the journal (authors, article title, journal title, volume, pagination).
Knežević V., Kvrgić, G., Ivković, D. (2013). “Serbian modern economy-regoinal comparative analysis”, International Review, 1‐2, Faculty of Business Economics and Entrepreneurship, Belgrade.
Kvrgić, G. (2013). Ekonomska statistika. Visoka škola za poslovnu ekonomiju i preduzetništvo, Beograd
Peter Sanfey and Simone Zeh. (2012). Making sense of competitiveness indicators in south-eastern Europe, EBRD Working Paper No. 145, http: //www. ebrd. com/ downloads/ research/ economics/ workingpapers/ wp 0145. pdf).
Rakić, B. (2003). Međunarodni marketing. Megatrend univerzitet, Beograd.
Schwab, K. ed. (2008). The global competetiveness report 2008-2009 Geneva: World economic forum.
Schwab, K. ed. (2009). The global competetiveness report 2009-2010 Geneva: World economic forum.
Schwab, K. ed. (2010). The global competetiveness report 2010-2011 Geneva: World economic forum.
Schwab, K. ed. (2011). The global competetiveness report 2011-2012 Geneva: World economic forum
Schwab, K. ed. (2012). The global competetiveness report 2012-2013 Geneva: World economic forum.
Schwab, K. ed. (2013). The global competetiveness report 2013-2014 Geneva: World economic forum.
The Heritage foundation, 2014. Index of economic freedom, Country rankings, www.heritage/index/ranking